Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #96

 Just today my hubby was telling me about how he was talking about me at work.
I said, "Let me guess. . . you were talking about how cheap I am."
He said, "Yes, but I said it nicer than that!" He went on to tell me that he was telling a co-worker that he could take me to a fancy jewelry store and tell me that I could get anything I wanted. He said that my face would light up and I'd look around, but I'd refuse to get anything. Then on the way home my face would light up in the same way if I found some furniture somebody had put out in the trash.
 
And you know what, he's right! :)
 
 
As a matter of fact, I got this gem at the roadside.
This file shelving unit is nearly seven feet tall. Woo!
I am hoping this can come into my crafting area and provide some major organizing.
 
 
Recently my hubby and I went to an estate sale that was advertised in the paper.
This turned out to be a man sale- only men were running it (how often do you see that?) and they had all sorts of man stuff for sale: garage stuff, tools, old Jeep Willies. . .
I wandered around and much to my surprise spotted this old fan for only five dollars.

 
I am so excited about it. It works beautifully!
 My hubby cleaned it up and now it's sitting in our living room.
I can't decide if I'm going to leave it this color or paint it.
 What do you think? Should I leave it au natural?
 
Good luck with your secondhand shopping this week.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us
and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1 John 4:10
 
 
 
This post is linked to 52 Mantles.

No comments: