Friday, April 18, 2014

Distressed Paper Mache Letter

Recently I was at the Junk Hippy show and one of the booths had large distressed letters. They were $12 apiece and I really liked them, but I figured that I could make some.
Especially once I remembered that Hobby Lobby has paper mache letters.
 
 
Here's my finished product. Not quite as big as the one I saw at the show, but it will work!
(Have you seen pics of alphabet walls on Pinterest? I can't wait until I get all my letters,
so I can get my alphabet hung.)


I started with this plain little letter.

 
Then I painted the entire thing in blue.
 
 
Once it was dry, I finished it off by sanding around the edges.
Now I've got a distressed paper mache letter for less than $3!
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Trust in the Lord, and do good
Psalm 37:3
 

1 comment:

ananda said...

very nice! your choice of the blue color is PERFECT! vintage and classy! =)