Monday, April 14, 2014

Personalized Spring Wreath

Since it's mid-April and somehow southern Texas is having another cold front (practically unheard of at this time of year!), I thought that our front door needed a little "spring-ing up."
 
 
And this is what I came up with.
A sweet and simple wreath.

 
This was super easy to make.
I bought a grapevine wreath at Michael's for $3.99.
I got a chipboard letter S at Hobby Lobby for $1.79.
I picked up four two-packs of daisies with clips at the Dollar Tree ($4- and I have a few left over).
Pretty reasonable, huh?

 
To make it, I started by covering the chipboard letter S with a page out of an old book.
I even cut 1/4" strips and adhered them to the edge so the chipboard wouldn't show on the sides.
Then I hot glued the letter to the bottom of the wreath.
I finished it off by clipping on some daisies on the upper right side.
Who doesn't love daisies? They're such a happy flower, aren't they?
 
If you'd like to replicate this and are unable to find the flowers on clips like these, you could use regular flowers and attach them with a glue gun instead.
 
I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with my simple- and cheap- wreath!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
But from there you will seek the Lord your God,
and you will find Him if you seek Him with
all your heart and with all your soul.
Deut. 4:29
 
 


1 comment:

Jess said...

Such a cute idea!

Thanks for joining the Link up this week!