Thursday, March 31, 2016

Thrifty Thursday

I had a chance to check out some thrift stores in a town that I don't usually visit
thanks to my son needing to take the STAR test.
Since my boys attend online public school, I have to take them to a testing site for the state testing.
Anyway, while I was in the area, I found three thrift stores within driving distance.
The first two were ok, but I didn't find anything I wanted.
The third was called Tri City Churches Resale Shop, and boy, was it nice!
It was so clean, organized, and big.


I spotted this large, heavy, beautiful glass bowl.
It was marked $10, but I didn't want to spend that much.
Imagine my delight when I found out that housewares were half off that day!
Five dollars for this beautiful bowl. Can you believe it?


I also got this green wooden. . . thing.


I'm not sure what it is, but it looks old.


See the hardware cloth in it?
Any ideas about what it is?

I couldn't pass it up. Especially since it was half off.
The tag said it was $5.
I was thinking that I'd pay $2.50 for it which I felt was a fair price.
For some reason, the checker rang it up as fifty-eight cents!!!
Then I got half off of that!!!

I left paying less than $6 for these two items.
It was so worth my stop!!!

Anyway, did any of you come across any good finds this week?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Do not be overcome by evil,
 but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:21

1 comment:

Sharon@bluewillowhouse said...

Love your finds especially the green wooden thingy. I don't know what it is either but it is very interesting. Hope you find a cool use for it. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm! sb