Friday, February 3, 2012

Globe Bowls

My son had gotten this light up globe at a yard sale last summer.  But he broke the stand, so I claimed it. I pried it into 2 halves, added a little trim, glued the halves on stands, and now I have 2 darling globe bowls that I can use to organize my supplies. 

Here's what I used to make this project. The stands are 2 different candlesticks that I've picked up on my thrifting adventures.

I attached some trim around the edge with a glue gun.

Each globe half had a hole in it. I cut a circle from chipboard and glued it in.

This way whatever I add to it won't fall through to the stand.

Then I used some E600 glue to attach the candlestick to the bottom of the  globe half. I let them dry for about a day.

These are going to look too cute on my scrapbooking desk. There is just something about globes that makes me happy:)
This tutorial is a part of the Sundae Scoop link party, Get Your Craft On TuesdayBrassy Apple, Your Whim WednesdayCraft-O-Maniac Monday and








Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

2 comments:

Michelle Paige said...

This is a super fun idea! You could even use them to hold food at a Bon Voyage party! Not sure who has a Bon Voyage party?...but I'm sure it would be a fun party prop as well.

ArtfullyJune said...

Very cute - I love the lace addition and the crystal stands. I'm adding these to my globe pinboard.