Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Recipe of the Week #4: Beef-Veggie Chili

This is one of my FAVORITE recipes!


Beef-Veggie Chili
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 sm. onion
1 cup celery
1 med. bell pepper
1 med. yellow squash
1 med. zucchini squash
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can black or pinto beans
1 12 oz. can low fat beef broth
1 pkt. favorite chili seasoning

Brown beef, onion, and bell pepper. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 30-40 minutes.

I got this recipe from a friend and I believe it is a Weight Watcher recipe. I absolutely love it and try to make it once a month. It's a light enough chili with lots of veggies, so we even enjoy it in the hot Texas summers!

This time, we added some snap peas from the garden . . .YUM!

I liked this post to My Girlish Whims and Today's Creative Blog.

No comments: