Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Recipe of the Week #6- Quick Black Bean Burritos


Recipe of the Week:
Quick Black Bean Burritos
1 (15 oz) can black beans
1 cup salsa
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Rinse beans in cold water, drain well.
Combine beans, salsa, cumin, and chili powder in large pan. Cook over medium-high heat for about ten minutes, mashing beans slightly with back of wooden spoon. Stir occasionally, adding a little water if mixture looks too dry.
Spoon bean mixture into tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold each tortilla into an envelope shape, ensuring both ends are tucked in. Eat warm or wrap in plastic to take for lunch.

Note: I always use our homemade salsa in this. I also add extra "chunks" like green bell pepper, jalapeno, green onion, and any other appropriate veggie I have on hand. My husband loves these. I usually make these ahead of time for him to take to work for lunch. He loves them. It is a repeat recipe- for him only. My boys don't care for bean burritos:)

recipe from Allrecipes.com

This post was linked to Today's Creative Blog.

No comments: