Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Recipe of the Week #8- Potato and Ham Soup

This week's recipe, Potato and Ham Soup, is a favorite at our house!


Potato and Ham Soup
5 lbs Russet baking potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 thick slice of cooked ham, cut into small pieces (not country ham which is too salty)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
salt and pepper
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup sour cream

Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to just cover the potatoes (too much water will make the soup too thin). Cover and bring to a boil, then uncover and cook over medium-high heat for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat and add the ham and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Over low heat, add the half-and-half and sour cream. Keep warm over low heat til serving time.

This is the best potato soup I've ever tried. I think I like it because there's no cheese in it. I love cheese, just not in my potato soup for some reason:)

This is a meal my whole family loves. It's an easy soup to make and great to eat on cold nights!

I got this recipe from Paula Deen.

This post is linked to Today's Creative Blog. and
Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments: