Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Layout of the Week #25- Using Stamps to Create Embellishments

     If you're anything like me, you are easily enticed by rubber stamps which are some of my favorite scrapbooking supplies. I've told myself that I simply cannot buy any more until I use the ones I have.
     Today we're going to use stamps on pattern paper to create embellishments for our layouts.

Here is the layout we're going to create.

To make this layout, you'll need:
2 pieces of 12"x12"pattern paper
1 piece of 12"x12" card stock
4-6 smaller pieces of pattern paper (for photo mats and for the stamped embellishments)
letter stickers for the title
rubber stamps (shaped like stars, hearts, or arrows and some for journaling)
ink
adhesive
trimmer

Choose which piece of pattern paper you want for the background. Then trim 1" off the right side and the bottom of your card stock. Adhere it to the background paper leaving 1/2" border.
Ink the edges if you'd like.

Next, trim a 4"x12" strip off of another pattern paper. Adhere it about 1" from the left side of the card stock.

Now, mat your photos on some coordinating paper and place them overlapping as seen above.

Here's where our stamps come in.
Place a journaling stamp on a piece of your scrap pattern paper. Depending on what type of stamps you have, yours will look slightly different. It's ok- you're trying something new:)


Then, using your letter stickers, place the title above your stamp.
Mat this title/journaling block on some coordinating paper.

Place it to the right of the top photo.

Using your shaped stamps- whatever the shape may be- stamp on some of your scrap pattern paper. Then trim around the shape which will create an embellishment.
P.S. I'm using the big stamp pad I recently bought at the thrift store and it works great! I don't think it was ever used!


Place your stamped embellishements at the lower right corner of the layout slightly overlapping your bottom photo.
Optional: Place a flower on the bottom left corner of the top photo. This was a basic silk flower that I stamped.
And, you're done!

Here's another layout where I used stamps to create embellishments: the journaling stamp (which is right above the title) and the star on the white paper.

So, now that I've used some of my stamps, I think I may need to go out and possibly buy a new set. . .

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.


The Lord is near to all who call on Him,
to all who call on Him in truth
Psalm 145:18

This post is linked to Today's Creative Blog, Happy Hour ProjectsToo Much Time On My Hands, and At the Picket Fence.

No comments: