Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Recipe of the Week #32- Jalapeno Poppers in a Blanket


Jalapeno Poppers in a Blanket
1 egg
1 tbsp. water
All-purpose flour
1pkg. (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed according to package directions
1 pkg. (8 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup finely shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
 4 cloves roasted garlic, mashed
3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
12 medium jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded

Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 9"x12" rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 12 (3-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 24 squares in all.
Stir the cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic and bacon in a medium bowl. Spoon about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture into each pepper half.
Place 1 filled pepper half diagonally, cheese-side down, onto each pastry square. Fold the pastry up over the pepper and press firmly to seal. Brush the filled pastries with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired. Place the pastries onto 2 baking sheets.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes.

Note: instead of roasted garlic cloves, I used garlic powder.

I made these for my dad, my brother-in-law and my hubby who are all big fans of jalapenos. They loved these! I used jalapenos from the garden. My hubby was sweet and cut and seeded the peppers so I wouldn't get the juice on my fingers (which always end up in my eyes if I've been handling peppers!).

I got this recipe from Pepperidge Farm.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.


For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking,
but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Rom. 14:17

This post is linked to Today's Creative Blog.


No comments: