Monday, July 21, 2014

Mini Album Monday #34- Travel Themed Album

In June, I showed you how to make a mini album using a card for a cover.
You can go here to see the tutorial.
Today I'm going to show you that album completed with photos, journaling, and mementos.
 
 
The front and back covers are just a card that I cut in half.
I just love this card. I was given a set of these as a gift.
As soon as I saw them, I knew I'd have to use one for a mini album!

 
 This first small page is actually a Project Life journaling card.
I bought a set of travel themed Project Life cards for this project.
There are so many cute sets like this.
 
 
This page on the right has a pocket behind the photo.
I placed a receipt from my shopping in there.


I wanted to add more photos than I had pages for, so I placed two photos back to back and made them their own page (on the right).
The beige tag beneath the left photo is actually a tag that I cut off a t-shirt that I bought.


 
Most of the pages have some sort of tab hanging off the edge to make page turning easier.


The page on the right is another set of photos back to back.


The page on the right is a small envelope. I filled it with a photo and two journaling cards.
I added tickets to the edges of the journaling cards so they would be easy to pull out and read.
 

 
The page on the right has a small pocket at the bottom.
I placed a journaling card in it just in front of a photo.

 
The page on the right is another Project Life journaling card.
These add a cute element to any mini album.

 
Whenever I take a trip, I try to write down anecdotes throughout the stay so I can include them in my journaling. As I was making this album, I'm so glad I did this
or several stories would've been forgotten!


I added a few extra embellishments here and there.

 
The page on the right is an envelope.
I placed a pamphlet from our bed and breakfast in there.

 
Here's another Project Life card on the right.

 
Since I made this album ahead of time, after the trip, I just had to print off my photos and place them in the book. Easy peasy.

 
The final page is part of a pamphlet that I picked up on our trip.

 
That's it.
Small, but full, don't you think?
 
I just love completing an album.
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer
2 Samuel 22:2
 

1 comment:

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks so much for joining the Say G’Day Linky Party. We have pinned your post to the Say G’Day Saturday board!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz