Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Recipe of the Week #128- Soft and Chewy Molasses Crinkles

Soft and Chewy Molasses Crinkles
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups flour
1 3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt

Using an electric mixer, cream sugar and shortening together. Add the egg and beat until light and fluffy. Add molasses and mix until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir into creamed mixture.
Chill dough for a few hours or overnight.

Mixture for coating dough balls
3/4 cup sugar
1-2 tsp cinnamon

Roll dough into balls and roll through cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place onto pan and slightly flatten the tops of the balls.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Don't over bake them or they'll get hard.

These cookies are so great! I made them last week when we had company and they were a big hit. I think part of their deliciousness is the fact that they're covered in both cinnamon and sugar. My family loves any sort of gingerbread or molasses cookie, so I will definitely be making these again!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless

For You are my lamp, O Lord;
the Lord shall enlighten my darkness.
2 Samuel 22:29

This post is linked to Skip to My Lou, The Dedicated House, The Creative Collection,
and Plucky's Second Thought.

No comments: