Friday, July 4, 2014

Patriotic Doily Banner

Happy Fourth of July to you all!
I hope you have lots of fun festivities planned for today.
We're headed to church for a picnic and an afternoon of old-fashioned games,
but before we head out, I have one last patriotic project to show you. . .

a patriotic doily banner


It was pretty easy to make.
If you'd like to make one, all you need is:
3 types of patriotic themed pattern papers
a circle punch (mine is 3")
ribbon (I used bias tape)
6" paper doilies
optional: tulle circles


Decide how long your banner will be. I decided to use 7 doilies.
Cut out circles for the centers for your doilies and adhere them with a glue stick.
Fold the doilies in half and staple or sew them onto your ribbon.


Optional: place one tulle circle folded in half in the middle of each doily before stapling or sewing.


The tulle circles are a little hard to see in these photos.


I just love banners of all sorts.
I actually have three different ones hanging on my mantle!

What's your opinion on banners- yay or nay?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 16:18

 This post is linked to Too Much Time On My Hands and


No comments: