Friday, September 11, 2015

Rock On!

Today's project is super easy-
all you need is a rock with a flat surface, a Sharpie marker, and your favorite quote.


I found two rocks with nice smooth surfaces (thanks to my brother's rock garden).


I chose scripture that has the word rock in it.
You could do the same thing with a quote if you rather.

I lightly wrote my words in pencil to get the size and spacing right before using my marker.
Once the marker dried, I went back over with an eraser to get rid of the stray pencil marks.

This one says, "When my heart is overwhelmed,
lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2.

I made this to give to a young friend who was leaving home after graduation.
I thought she could set it on a shelf in her new apartment.


This one says, "But the Lord has become my fortress,
and my God the rock in whom I take refuge." Psalm 94:22.

I think this is a unique gift idea.
You could buy a bag of river rock and set the rocks in a nice dish for guests to sign at a wedding or graduation party. I think it would rock to get a gift like this:)

I got my inspiration from here.


You can go here to see a smaller version of inspiration rocks. . .

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, 
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10

This post is linked to The Crafted Sparrow, The Dedicated House,
Life With Lorelai, and Tatertots and Jello.

1 comment:

Enzie Shahmiri said...

Interesting idea! Home Matters Linky Party #54