Friday, September 18, 2015

Vintage Book Page Candles

Whenever I'm out secondhand shopping, I'm always drawn to old books.
Needless to say, I have quite a few of them.
I used a few pages from two different vintage textbooks for today's project.


I wrapped candles with them.


All I did was cut the pages to the same height as the candles.
Then I used Mod Podge to attach them.


Here are the backsides of the above candles.
I covered the entire outside of each candle with images.


Here are the backsides of the first set.

Yes, you can still light them. 
I did it and the candle just burns down behind the paper.


I think these would make darling party decor or sweet gifts for a teacher.

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven
Psalm 18:30

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute project!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

So cute, I never would have thought about using vintage book pages. Thanks so much for sharing your idea at Vintage Inspiration Party.