Friday, January 22, 2016

Easy Necklace DIY

Today I've got an easy necklace DIY.


Here's the necklace we'll be making.


To make one, you'll need:
Tim Holtz Typed Tokens
small resin flowers
small circle blanks
ball chain
jump rings
E-6000 glue
two pairs of jewelry pliers


First, you need to glue a flower to the circle blank using E-6000 glue.
Allow to dry for 24 hours


Using two pairs of jewelry pliers, open a jump ring.
Don't pull it apart; instead twist it to open it.
This way it will close properly without leaving a gap.


Place a jump ring on the flower piece.


Close the jump ring.


Apply a jump ring to a Tim Holtz token as well.


Cut a length of ball chain to 20".
Place both the flower and the token onto the chain.
Attach a ball chain closure at the end.


Ta-da!


I made twenty of them to take to work and give to my co-workers as Christmas gifts.


I think they're pretty cute!

If you like this, but don't want to make one, you can get one here.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Come and hear, all you who fear God, 
and I will declare what He has done for my soul.
Psalm 66:16

1 comment:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a thoughtful gift for your co-workers. Very cute, I'm sure they loved them!