Monday, January 11, 2016

I'm Doing Project Life!

This is the first time I've decided to do Project Life.
When the concept first came out, I felt that I couldn't commit to not only taking a photo a day, but also printing said photo and placing it into a page. Now it's much free-er. You can use it to scrap your life however you want to. I decided to use mine for my annual month-by-month album.

I got the album, some journaling cards, and some blank pocket pages.


Here's my cover. I added this large metal camera charm with hot glue (I got this sometime ago in the cheap bins at Michaels).
Then I added three strings of ribbon and lace. On the center one, I placed a charm that I stamped 2016 onto and added an S charm (for our last name).


This is what it looks like when it's opened.


I used this large "Here and Now" card thinking that it is a good intro for a our monthly album.


My album measures about 9"x 9 1/4".
It's a binder which is nice because extra pages can be added.


For my interior, I have one journaling card for each month that looks like a small calendar page.
I punched holes in them. They won't be in a page pocket.


Each month has clear pocket pages for my photos.
I have lots of extra at the back of the book to add as needed.


I also added half a large envelope for each month to hold my large mementos.


I set up every month the same.
Once photos and embellishment are added, they won't look so uniform.

I love keeping a Year In Review album.
I basically make a list of what went on during the month,
then add a photo from each big thing we did.
It allows me to record our lives without feeling like I get behind on scrapbooking.

How about you-- do any of you do Project Life?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Teach me Your way O Lord;
 I will walk in Your Truth.
Psalm 86:11

This post is linked to It's OverflowingTip Junkie, Today's Creative Life,
and Between Naps on the Porch.  

No comments: