Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Recipe of the Week #66-Soft Almond Sugar Cookies

Soft Almond Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 cup white sugar
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup shortening, room temp
2 large eggs
2 tsp almond extract
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
coarse sugar for the top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the sugar, butter and shortening. Add the eggs and almond extract.
In a separate bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, and baking powder and salt until all combined, then pour into butter mixture.
Roll into balls, adding in a sprinkle of the course sugar. Flatten the tops of the balls, then bake for 8 minutes.

These cookies were delicious- of course, I LOVE any soft sugar cookies. My hubby and boys really liked them, and I shared them with my parents and they loved them. So it's all thumbs up around here!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.


My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and give praise.
Psalm 57:7

This post is linked to Between Naps on the Porch, The Shabby Creek Cottage, and Today's Creative Blog.