Friday, May 3, 2013

Wallpaper + Clipboard= Beautiful!

     I thought I'd try something cute that I had seen on Pinterest. . .

 
a wallpaper covered clipboard.
 
I stopped by Lowes to see if I could get a wallpaper sample book that they weren't using anymore. The guy in the wallpaper section was very helpful and gave me two!

 
It was sooooooo easy to make.
All you need is:
wallpaper scraps
clipboard (an old one is fine- mine even had writing on it!)
Mod Podge
foam brush
 
 
Cut one piece of wallpaper to cover the front.
 My paper goes up just behind the clip. I left the very top of the clipboard exposed.
 
Slather the back of the paper with Mod Podge making sure you get glue along all the edges.
Press it flat to the clipboard.
I usually use a dry paper towel to press all along the paper to make sure it sticks really well.
 
 
Then cut the second piece of wallpaper to cover the back.
I trimmed mine slightly smaller so the outer edges of the clipboard shows.
Glue it on.
 
I hate to leave the back of the clipboard plain since that's the part people will see when I'm using it.
 
To finish it off, hot glue a silk flower to the clip.
 
All together, this project cost around fifty cents.
The wallpaper was free and I got the clipboard for a quarter at the thrift store. The flower was from a bouquet that I bought at the dollar store.
 
If you need to make gifts and want to keep it low cost, this would be a great idea.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
 
 
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to your lovingkindness;
 according to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
blot out my transgressions.
Psalm 51:1
 

3 comments:

Micupoftea said...

Cute idea- love toile! Happy May :)

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love the color! Super cute idea.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Patti

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

What a great clipboard! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle