Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Recipe of the Week #68-Cinnamon Sugar Bread

Cinnamon Sugar Bread
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
 



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9"x 5" loaf pan.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup sugar. Add egg, milk, and oil. Stir until just moistened.
Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar.
Cover with remaining batter.
Top with more cinnamon/sugar if desired.
Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Wrap in foil and let sit overnight before slicing.
 
I love to make breakfast for my family, but I don't always love getting up really early to do so. Bread recipes like this work great for me. I can make them the night before and they still taste great in the morning.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect.
Psalm 18:32
 

1 comment:

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

This bread looks so sweet and delicious the perfect piece to have with my afternoon cuppa :)