Monday, June 18, 2012

Easy Card Idea

     Here's an idea for a card if you need to make a whole lot at one time.
     I had to help make gift card holders for the dads at our church for Father's Day, so I wanted something that would be quick, cheap, and easy (in case you don't read regularly, that's how most of my projects are. I'm always looking for frugal ways to use stuff. I recently told my husband that if we had more money, I may not be quite as creative. He responded with a smile and said, "You're welcome!") .

     All you need is some paper bags- lunch bag size. Print off a poem that will fit on half of the sack.
      Then choose some "manly" paper for the background. For this card, I used an old comic book.
      The flap of the sack needs to be on the inside to act as a pocket to hold the gift card. Then you can print off your sentiment and adhere it to the front of the flap. A little more background paper really finishes it off.
      I used an old map for this set of cards. I love maps and will try and fit them into almost any project. Being such an avid fan of maps, one would think I would be better geographically than I am.:)
      See how the gift cards just fit right in the flap.
      For these cards, I had an old "How-to fix things" encyclopedia from the fifties. I love how the old font and photos give a vintage feel.

                                          


     I whipped up 21 of these puppies while watching Despicable Me with my boys. Quick and easy!
While I was at it, I made an extra one for my dad. It just didn't feel right making a card for other dads, but not for my own dad:)

     This would be great to do for Mother's day- using sheet music, old patterns, or old book pages. They would also be great for Teacher Appreciation going with a school theme. Why stop there? They'd be great for Christmas, birthdays, graduations. . . any time that you're going to give a gift card.

     If you like using paper sacks, you could look at this post for incorporating paper sacks in scrapbooking.

     Thank you for stopping by and God bless.

And you will seek Me and find Me when you search Me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

     This post is linked to Brassy Apple, Between Naps on the PorchMaking the World Cuter, and Craft-O-Maniac.
Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments: