Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Layout of the Week #19- Scrapbooking with Tags

     Hello! I've been thinking about what to use in our layout of the week. After bouncing a few ideas around, I latched onto this one- shipping tags! About a year ago, I was at an estate sale and I happened upon a large envelope full of shipping tags- needless to say, I was delighted:) I got the tags for next to nothing. The lady running the sale probably wondered what that silly girl was going to do with a lifetime supply of tags.

     Today, I'm going to use them on a layout. Now, if you would like to make this layout and you have not come across any tags in your daily activities, you can find some at any office supply store. Or you could make your own by cutting a small rectangle than trimming off the corners on one side.
You'll need:
1 piece of 12"x12" cardstock
1 piece of  12"x12" pattern paper
1 strip of coordinating pattern paper 1/2" by 12" long
tags
letter stickers for the title
scrap paper for the journaling
adhesive
paper trimmer

First, you need to trim 1" off the top and left side of the pattern paper. Adhere it to the center of the cardstock. Ink the edges if you'd like.

Then across the center of the layout, you need to adhere the tags. Rather than place them in a straight line, I placed mine at different levels. To keep them going across level, I placed a ruler along the bottom of the lower ones.

Now take 3 more tags and place them in the upper left corner.

Take 3 or 4 vertical photos and place them across the page so the tags are peeking out from under them.

Add your title to the lower right side of the photos. Add 2 smaller photos to the lower right side of the layout and place your journaling on the lower left corner. Ta-da! Pretty simple, huh?
For this layout, I used larger shipping tags and taped them together (on the back) to make a 12"x12" background.

Here is one more example of using tags as embellishments- they're just peeking out from behind the photos.

     Thank you all for stopping by and God bless.

I sought the Lord, and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4

This post is linked to






Today's Creative Blog




No comments: