Monday, June 4, 2012

Lamp Shade Re-do

     Recently I was browsing in a cute gift store that we have here in town. They always have the neastest stuff. I get lots of ideas for things to make, but like with Pinterest, these ideas usually just stay in my head. But not this time! I found something that I decided that I had to make--a lace lampshade.

This is the lampshade that I made. It turned out a lot like the one in the store; unfortunately, I don't have a photo of that inspiration project. 


I bought this lampshade at the thrift store for $2. Then I paired it up to a lamp that I had at home that was in need of a shade. I stripped off the old shade from the frame-I made slices with a box cutter and peeled it off.


Then I got out my drawer of lace and tied strips all around the frame. I trimmed the tails to be the same length. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It didn't take too long to do and the price was just right! (This item at the gift store was $90!)
If you want to make one and don't have a large supply of lace, you can watch for lace at thrift stores or yard sales (I've found plenty like that) or you could always get your 40% off coupon and head over to Hobby Lobby!


Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
This post is linked to Making the World Cuter and
















Today's Creative Blog
I Heart Nap Time
Skip To My Lou
















Too Much Time On My Hands

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

No comments: