Friday, June 15, 2012

On My Craft Table Now

     Today I've got an update on my monthly album. I'll be honest- I had gotten a little behind on keeping it up to date. It's so much easier if I'll just sit down at the end of the month with my photos and calendar and get this done. Anyway, I'm caught up and this is what it looks like.
Some of the photos are wallet size and some were 4"x6" that I cropped.

 I try to fit as many photos as I can on each layout. This album helps me to take more photos- I grab my camera more often. For the journaling, I just make a list of what we did during the month (for example: March 14-went to the beach, March 23- family birthday party for Dad). Very easy and very quick.
 Because of the envelopes, there's room for extra photos- see the piece of pattern paper sticking out on the left. I also place other things in the envelopes like our church newsletters and invitations or announcements that we've received during the month.
This album is such an easy project. You prepare it ahead of time by using six pieces of pattern paper and alternating them with six 12"x9" envelopes that are cut in half. Once you place them in the album, each layout needs a journaling strip (I used ledger paper that I cut to size) and the month placed on there with stamps or stickers. The background doesn't need to be fancy or busy because it will wind up getting covered with photos. You can bind it all with office rings.
This is a nice style to use with vacation photos as well. All those envelopes have lots of room for travelling mementos.


My family and I just got back from a three day camping trip at the Frio River. My, it is beautiful there! You can see clear down to the bottom of the river! Rivers aren't like that where we live. We fished, swam, and floated the river. We had the best time:)

Thank you for stopping by and God bless.

The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy.
Psalm 126:3



 This post is linked to At the Picket Fence and Get Outta My Head Please
Liz Marie Blog





1 comment:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a wonderful project. You sure are disciplined to get everything put together and so well organized every month. Thanks for sharing your family trip...that water looks so inviting.