Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #20

     Hard to believe it's Thursday again- even harder to believe that it's June 7th!
     Here are my treasures for the week, thanks to my favorite thrift store:

 I found this beautiful crocheted lap blanket for $1! I couldn't believe the price- somebody spent a lot of time making this blanket. I felt it needed a good home. 

 I also found these wooden utensils. I thought I'd use the forks and discard the knives- imagine my surprise when I opened the package and saw that they are connected and spread open like this! I bought all ten packs for a quarter each.
Sounds like a silly purchase, huh? But it's not, actually. My church has a scrap booking group that I teach and our next project is going to be a recipe themed book. I thought these things would look delightful attached to the front of the books! 
As I was leaving, I noticed that there was a box of books labeled "Free." Naturally, I stopped to paw through and see what there was. I found these three books with dust jackets which I promptly removed. I love the colors! I'm actually thinking that the covers of these books would probably make cute covers for the recipe scrapbooks. 

Thank you for stopping by and God bless.
This post is linked to Apron Thrift Girl


52 Mantels



No comments: