Monday, March 31, 2014

A Chippy Little Bench

Sometime ago I bought a little wooden bench for my front entry.
It was made of old barn wood. I'd been wanting one for awhile and when I saw this at a yard sale,
 I was tickled pink. it was just what I was hoping for.

I left it in its natural color for awhile, but then decided that I'd like it to be a brighter color.


I used a dry brush technique with Minty Green color paint.
Then I added a wood stain over the top of that.
I wanted it to look like I'd found it out in an old barn.

Here's the finished product.
 It'll look pretty cute in my yellow front entry, dontcha think?
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,
with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.
This is the first commandment.
Mark 12:30

This post is linked to Tip Junkie, Funky Junk, I Heart NaptimeCraft-O-Maniac,  Miss Mustard Seed,
and Between Naps on the Porch.

3 comments:

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

What a pretty and inviting color for your entry! I've been using the stain over paint technique again...I love how it ages the paint.

Laurie said...

Thanks for linking up to Tip Me Tuesday linky party this week. {knuckle bumps} Did you know that I can "lend" your blog posts my Google page rank for better search engine traffic? {fabulous} If you upload at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL into your Tip Junkie craft room, you'll be in business! {wink} ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}
http://www.tipjunkie.com/post/how-to-add-a-craft-room-project-on-tip-junkie/

Run 'n Stitch said...

Your bench looks very nice. I love the color.