Monday, March 3, 2014

Fabric Covered Balls

Today I have a fun and quick project to show you. . .


fabric covered balls!


I don't think this project could be any simpler.
All you need to make it is:
Styrofoam balls
strips of fabric
straight pins


You'll just start pinning your strips of fabric to the ball.
I suggest that your strips are no wider than 1".
The length doesn't matter so much as you'll just keep adding fabric until
you can no longer see Styrofoam.

This is a great way to use up leftover pieces of fabric.

I added straight pins at the ends of the strips and along the edges to keep them from puckering up.


I used denim and lace on my balls.
I had brand new denim which gave me the dark color and the lighter color denim is from a pair of well worn jeans that I cut up.
For the lace balls, I used different types of white lace.


What do you think? Super easy, huh?
These would look darling sitting in a bowl or you could set a few in a stack on a shelf.
A bunch of them would look super cute in a tall wide mouth glass vase.

I made these to use as decor for a bridal shower.
Stop back on Friday and I'll show you what we did.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage,
and He shall strengthen your heart
Psalm 27: 14

This post is linked to Skip to My Lou, Petticoat Junction, Funky Junk, and Craft-O-Manic.

No comments: