Monday, March 24, 2014

Mini Album #26- A Day In My Life Album

Today I'd like to show you a fun album that I made sometime ago.
It's a Day in My Life album.
I took pictures throughout the day and put them into this album. It was such a fun way to show what our life is like at a specific time.


For the cover, I used a chipboard file organizer that I cut in half lengthwise.
I used a sheet of stickers from 7Gypsies that were life themed.

For the interior pages, I alternated pages of kraft cardstock with baseball card holders. All were trimmed to 4 1/4" x 10" to fit in the album.


I used a few pieces of coordinating pattern paper on the edges of the cardstock.


The baseball card holders allowed me to add lots of photos in a small space.
I slid photos into the pockets and adhered my journaling strips on top of the pockets.

I used a mixture of large and small photos.


All I did for the journaling was hand write on small pieces of white cardstock.


This was a fun album because to document what I did throughout the day, I got to include pictures of my computer screen, my Crock Pot full of food, my breakfast, my boys sleeping, and other things that I don't usually think to photograph.


The photo on the left was actually cut in half to fit inside two pockets on the baseball card holder.


The final page in the book is a business side envelope with the short edge open to form a pocket.


I added a sheet of journaling that listed my family's favorites at that point in time.


I thought it was fitting to have my last photo be of my son sleeping.


The inside of the back cover is pattern paper with a few stickers along the edge
.


I bound this book with wire binding, but office rings would've worked too.

It's a very basic album, but I love that I have this piece of family history.
It's been long enough since I've made this that our daily schedule has changed.
I'm due to make a new one.
What do you think? Would you like a step by step tutorial to make your own Day in My Life album?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous!
For praise from the upright is beautiful.
Psalm 33:1


This post is linked to The Dedicated House, Tip Junkie, Be Different, Act Normal, and Skip to My Lou.

1 comment:

Toodie said...

I really love your album! Thank you for sharing! This would be fun for me too!