Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #109

Because of all the yard sale-ing and estate sale shopping I've been doing lately,
I haven't gone to the thrift stores in several weeks. Seriously. Can you believe it?
Since my boys are on spring break this week, I made an earlier trip to get groceries and squeezed in some time to make a thrift store stop (actually three thrift store stops).
 
 
First, let me show you a purchase I made some time ago, but somehow forgot to show you guys.
I fell in love with this ring from the moment I saw it. It has a vintage-y look to it, doesn't it?
Guess how much I paid for it? $1.50- for real!
It goes with almost everything I wear!:)


Now, onto what I bought today. . .
I found this quirky steering wheel cover.
It's by Natural Life and actually was originally priced at $24. I got it for $1 and it's brand new.
There were three of them, so I picked up the other two for friends.
I'm thinking my hubby is going to be pretty pleased when I put this in the family vehicle. The guys at his work may give him a hard time about it.:)
 


 
I saw these bulky bookends and was immediately intrigued. I know that bookends aren't used too often anymore, but these are just the right size to be used as recipe card holders.
They're magnetic and I can't wait to repurpose them!
They were $2 each.


My favorite thrift store was having a book sale- 2 for $.25. Such a bargain.
 I got two for myself and one for my hubby.
Have you ever read Harlan Coben? His books are usually page turners!
I also enjoy reading Sandra Brown's books- they're a quick read.

 
I found these two books at the last thrift store I went to. I paid $.75 for both of them.
I plan to add them to the library at church.

 
My final purchase was this deal of yarn for fifty cents.
I haven't yet mastered the art of crochet- though I've taken several classes and really tried to learn.
This instead will be used for something else. . . just wait and see!
 

All this for less than $10. Plus, I enjoyed my leisure shopping time.
Does anybody else look forward to secondhand shopping?
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.
Psalm 32:8
 


No comments: