Friday, March 21, 2014

Vintage Photo Garland

You know how I love vintage stuff, right?
I also love photos- I'm an avid photographer (not necessarily a good one). I think it's so important to document life in photos.
Anyway, recently I became a proud owner of a whole lot of beautiful old photos.
I knew just what I wanted to do with them. . .
 

turn them into a garland!

 
See the photo garland at the top of this arrangement?
I thought they'd look great in front of my lace garland.

 
I used small clothespins and pinned them to a twisted strand of tiny pearls, lace, and twine.
Then I tied strips of muslin in between the photos.

 
Here's a close up view.

 
Aren't the photos lovely?


What do you think?
You could also use current photos to do this. As a matter of fact, it would be a cute way to show off photos for a birthday party!
If you like this, you may also like this project of a photo mobile that features vintage photos.
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous;
and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
Psalm 32:11
 
 


No comments: