Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #110

Well, I think this week's Thrifty Thursday needs to be renamed
DISHMANIA
because, yowza, did I get a bunch of dishes this week!
As a matter of fact, that's the only thing I got when
I went to two yard sales last Saturday morning.
 
 
The first sale was at a lady's house who has two yard sales a year. This old gal is fantastic. She collects things throughout the year and has the most beautiful set up that I've ever seen at a yard sale. I felt like I was walking through an antique shop. I told her that she should consider opening a store. She laughed and told me that she doesn't want to work every day.
I found two items that I wanted - both were marked $1.
When I went to pay her, she only wanted a dollar for both.
So I got this beautiful brown dish for fifty cents. 

 
The second sale I stopped at was very small, but from the road, I could see there were lots of dishes. 
None of them were priced, and when I asked about them, the lady said she just wanted ten cents apiece. So I loaded up!
I've been getting cute plates for a friend of mine and I figured this was a great opportunity to get a whole lot for just a little.

I loved the pattern on these green pieces. The outer two are small plates and the middle one is a bowl.


The plate on the left with a rose was a ten cent gem.
The plate on the right was from the first sale- I got it for fifty cents.
Aren't they so pretty? They're dessert size plates.

This is a dinner size plate.

 
This dinner size plate and saucer were from the dime sale.
Love those prints!
 
All of the above purchases are for my friend who's planning a plate display on her wall. I have gotten her quite a few and she should soon be ready to hang all these beauties.

 
This is the only purchase that I kept for myself. It too was ten cents.
I love this platter. I believe my grandma had this style of Corelle.
I think I'll be using this often.
 
Well, I'm off to do my grocery shopping- and possibly swinging by the thrift stores.
Happy treasure hunting to all of you!
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
Psalm 33:5
 
 This post is linked to Junkin' Joe, I Heart Naptime, and Embracing Change.

No comments: