Friday, March 28, 2014

Monogram Wooden Letters

Recently while wandering about Hobby Lobby, I found myself in the wooden area.
Normally I don't buy anything in that section as I don't have any spectacular painting skills.
But I was drawn to a couple of pieces.
 

I thought that I could do something with the initials of some friends who are getting married.
I ended up making this wooden monogram.


I started with two large wooden letters.


Then I painted them with two coats of denim color.  


Once they dried, I lightly sanded them.
Then I painted a wooden heart red and used it to attach the letters to one another with a hot glue gun.


Because I was making these to be a centerpiece, I wanted them to be able to stand up.
I glued a scrabble tile holder to the back to act as a stand.


Here it is as a centerpiece at the bridal shower.
 
I was so tickled with how it turned out that I decided that I need to make one for my hubby and I.
Only I'll attach a hanger to the back so I can hang it on the wall.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
The generous soul will be made rich,
and he who waters will also be watered himself.
Proverbs 11:25
 

No comments: