Friday, April 22, 2016

I Can Finally Crochet!

My newest hobby is crocheting.
I will admit that I have tried many times before to learn this craft.
I've taken several classes through Joann's Fabrics and my grandma tried to teach me,
but for some reason, it just wouldn't stick!
Now I've joined a crochet club at church and I'm finally learning- and remembering how to do it.
I think what has helped me is that I set aside time to do it several nights a week.
At first, I even practiced single and double crochet without making anything just so that I'd get comfortable with the stitches.
Check out my first project. . .

washcloths.

 
I was able to make these after watching this video.
She is a very good instructor.
I'm planning to watch some of her other YouTube videos for future projects.

 
I made two red washcloths and two multi-colored washcloths.
I'm super excited to have been able to finally complete a crochet project!

I think it's going to be an enjoyable and relaxing hobby.
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, 
but one receives the prize?
Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
1 Cor. 9:24
This post is linked to Pretty Handy Girl, A Cup of Joe, and Tatertots and Jello.

1 comment:

Edye Nicole said...

I love crocheting! I took a class at my local library and learned from there. It's so relaxing and fun. If you're into making hats, blankets or scarves you should check out knitforkids.org They're a faith based charity that sends donated crocheted items to kids in need :)

Blessings,
Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com