Friday, January 2, 2015

Giving New Life to an Old Pulley

I happened to get some for Christmas (Thanks Mom!),
and I wanted to see what it could do.

So I got out an old wooden pulley that I had picked up at an antique store.
  
 
(the front)
Here's the pulley now- after only one coat.
 
 
 
(the back)
The oil was so easy to use.
 
 
(the side)
I just wiped it across all the surfaces being sure that I got it in all the nooks and crannies.
Then I let it dry for two hours.

 
Here's what it looked like when I got it-old and faded -although still beautiful.

 
The wood just looked thirsty and dry.
The lady at the shop suggested that I put some wood finish on it.

 
You can go here to see how I came across this gem.
 
 I am not associated with this company.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God  bless.

Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
 
 


2 comments:

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

What a difference! I've never heard of this product, could you tell me if it had an odor when using and if it was strong or mild odor?

Maria said...

Stop by and party..Hugs Maria
http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party-time/