Monday, January 5, 2015

Mini Album Monday #45- Record Your Christmas Memories

Welcome to the first Mini Album Monday of the new year!
Today I'm going to show you a Christmas album-
 I  don't think we're too far past the holidays for it.

This is a Christmas album that doesn't document just one year, but displays favorite memories, photos, and mementos from many years. 

I can't tell you how much I love looking back through old photos and reading stories that I otherwise would have long since forgotten.
 

 Several years ago, I took an awesome class from Janet Hopkins where we made an album out of an old book cover and placed a binder in it. Then we filled it with pages.
I decided to use this album for my project since it was already put together.


The outer edge has some cute dangly things like buttons and chipboard pieces.


Because I used a pre-built album, I just went through and added journaling and pictures
 where they fit.


This page talks about when we gave the boys a puppy for Christmas.
That puppy is now 6, so I'm glad I have this memory in the book.


This page has a photo of cookies, milk, and a note my boys left for Santa.
The actual note is tucked behind the photo.


This page shows a picture of my boys helping to decorate sugar cookies.
So glad I have this picture because they are not nearly so helpful with cookies now!


 Here's a page that still needs a photo.
This book is actually a work in progress.
 Whenever something new occurs that I want to be sure to remember, I add it.


 Each page is different, and there's lots of room to add stuff.


This page shows two photos of my nutcracker collection.
An album like this allows pictures like this to be added.


This page is a photo of an ornament that my hubby made when he was in kindergarten- and we still hang it every year!


This page shows a Christmas list one of my boys made several years ago.
The envelope on the left holds several more wish lists.
These are so fun to go back and read.


Imagine if every Christmas you could sit down and look through years of memories like this.

You don't have to have a special album to do it.
You could use an old Christmas storybook and just add your own photos on top of the pages.
The point is to just do it! :)

I feel documenting memories is SO IMPORTANT!
Whether you make a scrapbook or just keep a notebook, it is so worth it!

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.


 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil. 4:13

No comments: