Friday, January 16, 2015

Save Your Memories In A Jar

Today I'd like to revisit a project that I've done before
but I think it's so fantastic that I have to show you again.


It's a Memory Jar.
I believe it's the quickest way that you can store memories for the year.
You don't have to be crafty to do this.


Just get a jar.


Place a recent family photo in it.

Add the year to the front or the top of the jar.
I used rub-ons to place my numbers.

Then place things in it throughout the year.


This is our jar from last year.


It has lots of different items like:
movie stubs
souvenir pennies
armbands from event entrance
concert tickets
baseball tickets
fortune card
business cards- from where we ate for our anniversary and from my nail salon

Before dropping each item in my jar, I wrote a quick note on the back explaining a little about the event the item came from.


Here's my collection of Memory Jars.
This will be my fifth year to make such a treasure.


What do you think? Wouldn't it be fun to go through one of these at the end of the year?
You could make it part of your Christmas or New Year's celebration.


Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
Gal. 5:22-23

This post is linked to The Handmade Hangout, Tatertots and Jello,
Be Different, Act Normal, and The Crafted Sparrow 

No comments: