Friday, January 30, 2015

Heart Garland Made with Vintage Maps

I love making garlands.
They're usually so easy to put together.
Today I am sharing one that I made using pages from a vintage atlas.

I followed the tutorial that I found here to turn the strips of atlas into this heart garland.


Here's a close up of the individual hearts.
They're all attached at the tops and bottoms.


Cute, huh?
This is one of those projects that you can do while watching TV with the kids.

I hope you all have an awesome weekend!

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal. 5:25

This post is linked to My Salvaged Treasures, My Repurposed Life, Funky Junk,
Simple Nature Decor, Life with Lorelai, and Embracing Change.

5 comments:

Deanies Stash said...

I love this idea! I also have a box of old folded maps and some are not good enough to sell but I could sure make a garland out of them!

Lorelai @ Life With Lorelai said...

Super cute! I love the pops of color. And I love being able to multi-task while watching my favorites shows. :) Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We'd love to have you for a visit. The Door is OPEN! http://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/01/29/home-matters-linky-party-22/ :)

~Lorelai
Life With Lorelai

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Such a cute idea and I love the idea of using a colorful old map. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Lorelai @ Life With Lorelai said...

A map to my heart... Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty :) Hope to see you again next week.

~Lorelai
Life With Lorelai

Maria said...

OH WOW! I love this atlas garland you shared at my last party, hey do you know where I can buy some old vintage maps, I'm trying to find some to frame them. Also its Fabulous Friday stop by!
http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party-24/