Monday, June 27, 2016

Cute Little Crochet Coasters

This project has been on my to-do list for the last month.
So finally, I sat down with some Fixer Upper reruns and got to it.


How cute are these crochet coasters?!?


Wait until you hear how simple it is to make these. . . 
I started with a size F crochet hook, 
cotton yarn (Lily Sugar n' Cream yarn in a variegated color),
and Alene's Tacky Glue. 

You start with a chain (the most basic of crochet stitches, I believe),
and start winding it into itself.
I used a toothpick to apply the glue to the edges as I swirled the chain around in a circle.
You should keep going until your circle is about 3 1/2" across.
When you get it large enough, you just cut off the excess and tuck the little strands under the coaster with some more tacky glue. Then you use that end to start winding the next coaster.
I had mine sitting on wax paper to keep from getting glue all over the table. 
I let them dry for a bit on the wax paper, then peeled them off 
and set them upside down to continue drying.
 

I'm tickled pink with how cute they turned out.
I think a set of these would make a great gift.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

He who pursues righteousness and love 
finds life, prosperity and honor. 
Proverbs 21:21

1 comment:

Edye Nicole said...

These are too cute!! Hope you have a wonderful week :)

God bless,
Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com