Thursday, June 30, 2016

Thrifty Thursday #222

Well, I made my last visit to my favorite thrift store.
I found out a couple of weeks ago that they're closing down.
I am seriously bummed about it.

I did get one last awesome score from there.
Check it out. . .

it's an old slide projector.
It's in great shape.
It still works, but needs the part that holds the slides.


The case is even in great shape.


I guess it had been in the store awhile- how I missed it, I'll never know.
The original price was $65. Then it went down to $50. Then it went down to $17.50.
When I walked into the store, the lady told me that everything was half off the marked price.
So I was thinking that half of $17.50 is $8.75, so I'd offer $5 for it.
Before I could even get all the words out of my mouth, the lady said,
 "Oh that old thing? I'll take a dollar for that. I should pay you to take it."
A dollar! That's what I paid - with a big smile on my face.


At first, I thought my hubby could try to turn it into a lamp, 
but he says he's reluctant to do so since it still works. 
I'll keep you updated on what we decide.


I popped into the sister store right next door and got these three uniquely shaped bottles for fifty cents each. I only bought three, but there were at least twelve of them.
They sat in a bag for a few days after I bought them. When I took them out to take pictures of them, I wish I had gotten more. Unfortunately when I went back to the store, they were all gone.

That's it for this week. I'm going to have to expand my resale shop horizons
since I'm down a store now (sad face).

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, 
for He is good! His mercy endures forever.
Psalm 118:1

This post is linked to Blue Willow House, The Crafted Sparrow, Crafts a la Mode,
and The Cottage Market.  http://thecottagemarket.com/2016/07/a-morning-cup-of-joe-9.html

2 comments:

Edye Nicole said...

That projector is in awesome shape! What an awesome find :)

Blessings,
Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

Sharon@BlueWillowHouse said...

Love that vintage projector. I can't wait to see what you do with it and those nifty bottles. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!