Thursday, June 2, 2016

Thrifty Thursday #218

My hubby and I traveled to a small nearby town to check out this estate sale.
We were there on the last day, so everything was half off.
Sometimes when we go on the last day of a sale, everything is pretty picked over.
But it's usually 40-50% off, so it's still worth going.


Imagine my surprise when I spotted this huge wall map!
I got it for $5.
My hubby asked where I was going to put it.
I actually don't know, but I wasn't about to pass it up:)
In the picture, my son who's over six feet tall is holding it and stretching it over his head.
It's huge!

This old jar was $10. Isn't it lovely?


I love this metal standing clipboard.
It was only $1.
I'm going to turn it into something cool- maybe a photo display.


I adore old books.
I got this old edition of Heidi for a dollar.


I think the cover of this Bobbsey Twins novel is beautiful.
It was a dollar too.


I'm not sure how old this scale is, but I thought it was cute.
I only paid $2 for it.

What do you think?
Certainly worth the trip down the road!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
 longsuffering, kindness, goodness, 
faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
Gal. 5:22
This post is linked to My Girlish Whims, Blue Willow House, The Crafted Sparrow,
The Cottage Market, and Sugarbee Crafts.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

You got a great haul! Oh, The Bobbsey Twins... love that you got that one. I'd almost forgotten about them. Were they Nan and ??? And is the map of Georgia? Hard to focus in on the place names. What fun. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That map is really cool. When I was growing up everyone called me and my dad the Bobbsey Twins. I have never seen a standing clipboard and that would be a great photo display. Pat S

Deanies Stash said...

Great finds! I love the map and the covers of old books are always a treat for me.

xo Dianne

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

The Bobbsey Twins were the first "series" books I read. I loved them.

Sharon@bluewillowhouse said...

I love big maps you can put on the wall and it was a great price too. The clipboard is so cool too. I always finding vintage books. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm last week.