Monday, June 6, 2016

Mini Album Monday #75- Retirement Wishes Album

A couple weeks ago at work, there was a going away luncheon for my retiring supervisor.
This lady is one of the sweetest people I've known, and she was loved by the whole clinic.
I thought it would be nice to have all my co-workers write her a note then bind them together. 


Here's the finished product.
I made a sleeve from a doily and part of an old map to slip over the bound cards.

The party was travel themed as she plans to do lots of travelling.
I used a piece of pattern paper that looks like a vintage envelope as the dedication page.


I started this project by downloading six different vintage postcard prints from here.
Then I made color copies onto beige cardstock and cut around the edges of the cards.
One of the girls at work passed them out to all our co-workers.


Everyone wrote a message to our supervisor wishing her the best in her retirement.
I punched holes in the upper left corner of each card.
(I placed hole reinforcers on the backs of the cards that didn't have writing
to help keep the pages sturdy.)


I added the tag that said "wishes" because we all wish her the best of luck.

This would be an easy project to do to celebrate a grandparent's birthday.
Just mail a card to each family member with instructions to write his or her favorite memory
 of the birthday person.

I think it would be very moving to read a bunch of messages from my loved ones and friends.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

And let us not grow weary while doing good,
 for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
Gal 6:9

 This post is linked to Skip to My Lou, The Dedicated House, Tatertots and Jello,
The Girl Creative, and Between Naps on the Porch.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a thoughtful presentation! I love the vintage look and the sentiments will be treasured i'm sure. Well done!

Edye Nicole said...

What a kind gesture! I'm sure she loved it and will treasure it for many years to come :)

Blessings,
Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com