Monday, June 20, 2016

Mini Album Monday #76- Travel Album Made From File Folder

In the midst of this already hot summer, I thought we could take a look at
 a travel themed mini album.
We've always done most of our traveling during the summers which is kind of crazy when you consider how hot it gets here!


The cover is half of a file folder cut in half.
(I just love making albums out of office supplies!)


The inside cover has a strip of pattern paper and a label sticker stamped with the phrase
"This belongs to".
The first page is just a piece of 8 1/2"x 11" piece of cardstock cut in half
with a strip of pattern paper along the long edge.


The next page is part of a pattern paper with a map design.
I cut out a bracket on the outside edge.
The tab towards the bottom is actually a stamp sticker folded in half around the page.

I always like to add tabs to my pages to make them easier to turn.
 

On the back of the map paper, I added a stamp that has the definition of travel.
The next page is another half sheet of cardstock with a bit of pattern paper.
I added a ticket folded over the edge. You'll notice that I use tickets quite a bit.


In between the next two pages, I added this tiny pink card that says, "Remember."
It just gives a bit of space to add a story.


The next full page is a sheet of ledger paper turned sideways.
I added a stamp at the top that says, "Notes".
The embellishment is just a circle punch with a stamp on it.


The next page is another small one: it's an old postcard.
I can leave the photo that's printed on it or just cover it with my own photo.


I thought the backside of the postcard would be a cool place to add journaling.
The next page is another piece of cardstock with a strip from an old map.


To give this cardstock a bit of a different look, I used a scalloped border punch
 along the outside edge.


Here's another piece of ledger paper.
I figure this will leave lots of room for journaling or can be covered with photos.


What mini album would be complete without a paint chip?
The embellishment is part of a map punched out with a circle punch.


I covered the back of the paint chip with pattern paper.
The next page is taken from a French travel guide. I adhered it to a piece of cardstock.
I added a ticket at the bottom corner with a clip at the top to add mementos.


The last page has a notebook page border compliments of another punch.


The final page is half of a manilla envelope added to hold mementos from our trip.


I also added an envelope on the inside of the back cover which could hold mementos or a photo cd.


Here's the back cover. (I just love this travel themed paper.)

The beauty of binding this book with office rings is that extra pages/pamphlets/other memorabilia
 can be hole punched and added right into the book.

Stop back by on the next Mini Album Monday to see this book full of photos and memories!
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
Giving thanks always for all things to God the Father
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph. 5:20

No comments: