Friday, April 13, 2012

Easy Memo Board DIY

     Hi Everybody! Hope you all are having a nice Friday. I'm just popping in today to show you a quick project I made using a cookie sheet to make a memo board.
     
I started with this cookie sheet that I picked up at the thrift store some time ago. The short ends are raised, but there aren't any sides on the long edges.

I cut a piece of fabric large enough to cover the board and slightly wrap around the back.

I placed a ribbon (for hanging it) through the hole at the end and tucked it out of the way while I glued with a glue gun.

I folded the edges up and glued them before bringing up the sides.

This is what the back looks like all done. The ribbon is attached at the right side in this photo. All I had to do was flip it up and tie a bow and then it was ready to be hung.
Here's a bit of honesty here- I had intended for this to be a magnet board. So when I finished it, I went to place a magnet on it- and it wouldn't stick. I was pretty surprised. My twelve-year-old informed me that not all cookie sheets are magnetic. All I could think was, "Where were you when I started this project?!?" :)

So, I scratched my head for a moment, then thought, "Wait a minute, this can still be a memo board!" I measured and made some marks, then I got out my handy-dandy Crop-a-dile and punched some holes.

I attached this elastic ribbon with brads through the holes I made.
Voila! A memo board- version 2!

It can hold do-dads 

or photos!
     Sometimes mistakes can turn out for the better! Plus I learned a lesson- check to see if something is magnetic before assuming that it is.

     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

This post is linked to Happy Hour Projects and










Too Much Time On My HandsPhotobucket








3 comments:

Mandy Mo. {Tar Heel Charm} said...

Fantastic job improvising. It turned out great!

PJH Designs said...

Hi Laura, what a cute memo board. You sound like me I get in such a hurry to do something I forget to check out everything but you were quick to find an alternative. Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving kind words about my buffet. I'm a new follower. :-)
Peggy
pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Very cute memo board Laura! I love the colors.
gail