Friday, April 27, 2012

I'm Learning to Crochet!

     For years, I've wanted to learn to crochet. When my boys were babies, my grandma tried to teach me and I made one long chain! Since she was only visting, I didn't get the hang of it.
     Recently, I took a class at Joann's -actually it was 2 classes: Crocheting 100 and Crocheting 101. Even after the first class, I still wasn't getting it. I like things to come quickly and easily and this wasn't. So I just kept plugging away at it (just like I tell my 10 year old when he wants to quit something because it's hard). After my second class- with a different instructor- I finally got it! I really enjoy it! We started this scarf in the second class and it is nearly done.
     Now I've got a new hobby, I just need to find the time to do it!




     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That looks great. I love to crochet too, but rarely have time to do it.