Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Layout of the Week #9- Using Circles in Scrapbooking

     Hello my Scrappy Friends! This week we're using circles for our Layout of the Week. So break out your circle punches and let's get started!

The supplies you'll need are:
one sheet of 12" x 12" pattern paper
one piece of coordinating card stock
pieces of scrap papers to punch into circles
letter stickers
circle punches
adhesive
scissors
paper trimmer

Optional: The first thing I did was ink and distress the edges. This is pretty simple: just open up your scissors and drag the sharp part along the edge of the card stock. It gives it a "ragged" look.

Then trim about 1/4" off the right and bottom edges of the pattern paper, ink it, and attach it to the center of the card stock.

Now you'll get your random pieces of pattern paper and punch out circles. You'll need 18-23 circles. My circles are 1 3/4". When choosing my scraps, I first chose a striped paper with lots of colors. Then I picked papers that had those colors in them so that they somewhat match.
I inked around these, too.

The circles need to be placed across the center of the page. I started with three circles on the right edge slightly hanging off the edge. Then I did a line of 4, another line of 3, and so on until I got to the left edge of the paper. I like the fact that some of the circles are hanging off the edge- they do need to be trimmed. You'll notice that the top and the bottom of the page doesn't have any circles.

Then mat your photo on card stock and attach it to the left side of the page covering some of the circles.
Place your title above the photo and place some journaling along the right edge of the photo. I used different small journaling stickers and wrote a few words on each sticker.
Adding your own circles like this creates a custom background using only your scrap papers!

Here is another example. I used my 3" circle punch for the large circles. I also punched out smaller circles as accents (1 3/4" and 1").
The bunting is created from circles as well. I punched out circles and folded them in half. Then I stapled them around a piece of embroidery floss. Very easy.


     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

This post is linked to Blue Cricket Design and





Photobucket








Photobucket















2 comments:

Stacey said...

Very nice Laura! That is a great way to keep your children's memories! Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party at Embracing Change!
So happy you were here!
Stacey

Stacey said...

Very cute!
Thanks for linking up this week - so glad you did! See you again soon I hope!
Stacey of Embracing Change