Friday, November 22, 2013

Grateful Banner DIY

I had some leaves left over from last week's project, so I was able to create another fall project.

 
a banner
Can you believe that I used a stapler to attach the leaves and tags?

 
This banner was super easy to make.
If you'd like to make one, here's what you need:
2 yards of brown ribbon
8 shipping tags
25 medium size silk leaves
stapler
large letter stickers or foam stamps and paint
optional: artificial gourds

 
You need to start by stapling tags about 2" apart on the brown ribbon.
I used the word "Gratitude," so I used eight tags.
If you choose a different word, you may have more or fewer tags to attach.

 
I used two staples to attach each tag.

 
Keep going until they all are attached.

 
Next staple the leaves.
I turned mine every which way to give them a more random look.

 
Staple leaves across the tops of all the tags.

 
Adhere your letters.
You can use large stickers, letters cut with a Cricut, or foam stamps with paint (like I did).

 
Attach a gourd to either end of the banner and one in the middle.

 
My gourds didn't come with string to hang,
so I attached twine with a straight pin and tied them to the ribbon.

 
Ta-da! Who needs a sewing machine to make a banner?!?
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath
James 1:19
 
 This post is linked to My Repurposed Life, Funky Junk, and Tatertots and Jello

No comments: