Monday, November 4, 2013

Mini Album Monday #18- Gratitude Journal DIY

     It's the time of year that we celebrate all our blessings. Here is an easy way to get your family to think about all the things they are thankful for. They will literally be counting their blessings :)

 
We'll be making this simple gratitude journal.

 
There's a page for every day of November with room for you to write something down each day.
Now, it's only November 4, so don't think you're too late to start. You can either come up with something for the first three days or just start the album on today's date.

 
You will need three pieces of 12"x 12" pattern paper.
I chose papers with fall colors. One of my sheets has the pre-printed journaling cards which worked great for this album. I didn't use them all, but I did use most of them.

 
You need to start by cutting thirty one pieces that measure 3"x 4".
The pattern paper that I chose was double sided which gave me lots of different prints.

 
Choose which piece you want for your title page.
Then add your title using stamps, stickers, handwriting, or a combo of these that say,
"Today we give thanks for. . ." or "30 Days of Gratitude."

 
Next go through the cut pieces and alternate all the different prints.
Number the cards from 1 through 30 (for each day of November).
I stamped the date on each page.
You could use stickers, stamps, rub-ons, or your own handwriting for this step.
 
If you want to keep the project simple, stop right here. With your title card and the dated cards, you have enough for your album. Just punch holes in the upper left corner and bind them all together with an office ring. Voila! A treasured keepsake.

 
If you want to jazz it up a bit, you can stamp some of the cards.
I went through my stamps and found some that I could use.I had several that said thankful and blessing, etc, but I also used some that weren't gratitude-related like "Take Note," "A Day to Treasure," and "Sign Here."

 
On some of the busier patterns, you can even stamp ledger paper, then attach it to the background.
 
 
To finish it off, punch holes in the upper left corners and bind the cards with an office ring.
Optional: Tie two or three pieces of harvest colored ribbon to the ring.
 
My final touch was adding part of a ticket that says, "30 Days of Gratitude."

 
Once your book is made, you just have to add the sentiments each day.
Here are the first three days that I have already filled in.
 
 
Staying simple, I just used handwriting. 
 
 
I just have to remember everyday to ask my hubby and boys what they're thankful for
and write it on the corresponding card.
 
That's it! I think it will be fun to read through everybody's responses on Thanksgiving- this year and in years to come. It makes me wish I had done this when my boys were younger. Who knows what they would've said back then!
 
I am grateful for all of you who came by to read this post!
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.
Lam. 3:25
 

1 comment:

melissa@joyineveryseason said...

what a great idea ... and so so pretty with the fall colors. love it!