Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #93

This week's thrift store shopping was limited to one store- and a quick run through at that! My fellas were in the car because we had just finished our PE at the YMCA and they wanted to get home to finish up their school work. They weren't too happy about my little stop, so I buttered them up with an offer to swing by Sonic afterward. That helped.
 Who doesn't love a big soda during Sonic Happy Hour?
Anyway, I only found a couple of things. . .

 
so I thought I'd share a gem that I bought awhile ago at a yard sale.
This awesome birdcage was only two dollars. I had gotten it for my mom who recently decided that she no longer needed it- so now it's mine.
Isn't it lovely?
I think I may put some candles in it. I saw that recently at a market I went to and thought it was so unique and cute.

 
I got canning lids- three boxes for a dollar each. They're all new and two of the boxes hadn't even been opened! I've bought jars before that didn't have lids. Now I've got extras in three sizes. Woo!

 
The detail on this hankie is hard to see, but take my work for it, it's amazing!
This fella was only a quarter.

 
It still has it's original tag on it that says, "Made in Portugal."

 
My final purchase was this shirt. I don't usually look at clothes when I'm thrifting, but this blouse caught my eye. I love all the colors and the style. It was only three dollars and
is my new favorite shirt!
 
Good luck to you and your secondhand shopping this weekend. I'm planning to hit an estate sale Saturday morning. Yipee!
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men
Col. 3:23
 
This post is linked to Junkin' Joe, Be Different Act Normal, and 52 Mantles

No comments: