Friday, November 8, 2013

Veteran's Day Patriotic Candle DIY

Veteran's Day is up and coming, and I've been feeling a little patriotic, so I thought it would be fun to do a red, white, and blue project.


Hence these patriotic candles.
I thought they'd be nice to set out when we eat dinner on Monday night.
My hubby and I will tell our kids about all our family members who have served our country.


If you'd like to make some, here's what you'll need:
one piece of 12"x 12" patriotic scrapbook paper
three short pillar candles (mine are about 2 3/4" tall)
Mod Podge
foam brush
paper trimmer
ruler


First measure the height of the candle. Then trim a strip of paper to that height.


Next, wrap the paper around the candle and make a mark where you want to cut it.
Allow a little bit of room for it to overlap.
After cutting it to the correct length, use the foam brush to paint the back of the paper with Mod Podge. Moving quickly before the glue dries, adhere the paper to the candle.
I started at one end, then carefully pressed the paper to the candle as I spun it around.
Roll it around in your hands a few times to make sure the paper adheres.
Repeat with the rest of your candles.


Easy-peasy!
If you'd like another Veteran's Day project idea, stop back by on Monday.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

When the righteous rejoice, there is great glory.
Proverbs 28:12

This post is linked to Funky Junk, Cheerios and Lattes, Today's Creative Blog and My Repurposed Life.

No comments: