Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Recipe of the Week #92- Chocolate Sugar Cookies

Chocolate Sugar Cookies
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
14 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg and 1 egg yolk

Preheat oven to 350. Place sugar in shallow dish and set aside.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder in a bowl. Set aside.
Microwave 10 Tbsp butter until melted, then stir in remaining 4 Tbsp of butter until melted. Allow to cool for about five minutes.
Mix brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and melted butter. Add in the egg and yolk and mix until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix just until combined.
Roll dough into balls and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet. Flatten balls before baking.

Note: I used margarine instead of butter without any problems. Also, I had to refrigerate my dough for awhile before being able to roll it into balls.

Usually I'm not a chocolate cookie/cake fan, but this recipe had me at Sugar Cookie!
I thought these cookies were extremely good! My hubby and boys couldn't get enough of them.

I found this recipe here.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

When the righteous rejoice, there is great glory.
Proverbs 28:12

This post is linked to My Girlish Whims, The Dedicated House and Craft-O-Maniac.

No comments: